As some of you may know, I am a massive movie/TV show buff. I spend a lot (most of) my time watching films and TV shows. So here are the movies I am most excited about for next year.
One of my favourite apps this year has been letterboxd. I have been tracking the movies that I have seen this year with the aim of getting to 100. I’m not sure if I’m going to make that, but I have seen 78 so far. This isn’t just movies that I have went to the cinema to see, though. I have included films that I have watched on TV, Netflix and Amazon Prime.
Since it doesn’t look like I will be making it to 100 movies this year, I will be trying much harder in 2019 to get to my goal. Some movies that will definitely be on my list are:
- Avengers 4/ Captain Marvel/ Spider-Man: Far From Home – I am going to bunch all of the Marvel movies together to save some room on this list. Marvel is a big obsession of mine, I love everything about it: movies, TV shows, characters, everything. Avengers: Infinity War almost killed me, and I am 100% sure that Avengers 4 will finish me off. I love when we are introduced to new characters, so I am super excited for Captain Marvel, and Spider-Man is one of my favourite superheroes. It’s going to be a good year for Marvel fans.
- IT: Chapter 2 – Before my friend and I went to see the first IT movie, we decided to watch the original with Tim Curry. It was not good. However, the movie was, which makes me really excited about the next chapter. After watching the movie, I have become attached to all of the young characters, so I am a bit nervous that some of them could be killed if they are going in the same direction as the original.
- Godzilla: King of the Monsters – Am I right in saying that this is the next movie in the Kong: Skull Island universe? I’m pretty sure it is, which is why I am looking forward to it. Kong: Skull Island got quite bad reviews, but I really liked it.
- Hellboy – I absolutely loved the two Hellboy movies that came out over 10 years ago, so I have high hopes for the new movie. I’m not sure if it is going to be a continuation of the other two movies or if it is a reboot of sorts, but I am happy with either.
- Happy Death Day 2U – I’m going to be honest right now, I didn’t know they were making a sequel of Happy Death Day until literally right this minute when I looked at upcoming movies on Letterboxd. I really liked the first one, it was much better than what I was expecting, so I am surprised but happy that they are making another one.
- Kingsman 3 – Oh hell yes. I didn’t get into the Kingsman hype until the second movie (which I saw before the first one). They are absolutely over-the-top and absurd but I LOVE them. So, so excited for a third one.
- The Lion King – The cast alone makes me want to see this movie. I wasn’t sure about Disney remaking every movie they have ever made, but I am all for this one.
- The Lego Movie 2: The Second Part – I loved the first one, I loved Lego Batman, so I am expecting good and funny things from this one.
- Men in Black – Chris Hemsworth? Tessa Thompson? Yes. Hopefully Will Smith will cameo.
- The New Mutants – I have never really seen any of the X-Men films (they’re all on my watchlist). I’m going to try and watch them all before I go and see this movie.
That’s the ten movies that I am most definitely going to watch in 2019. There are obviously a lot more that I’ll be going to the cinema to see, but I’m not counting down the days for them like I am with these movies.
What movies are you looking forward to next year? Let me know.