So 2018 Emmys were last night. Here are my thoughts on the outfits and winners of the night.
Dresses I like:
Scarlett Johansson – While I would never actually wear this dress, I still really like it. ScarJo is rocking it.
Chrissy Teigen – She is one of my idols, I love everything about her.
Natalia Dyer – How gorgeous does she look?
Rachel Brosnahan – If both straps were the same then this would be my all time favourite dress.
Thandie Newton – I really like a nice, simple dress. It doesn’t need to be over the top.
Michelle Dockery – While I’m not the biggest fan of the floral design on the front, I adore the colour and style.
Heidi Klum – Again, simple yet elegant.
Sydney Sweeney – I would never wear a strapless dress, but if I did, it would be this one.
Kirsten Dunst – While this is more low cut than anything I would wear, it is a really nice dress.
So they were my favourite dresses from the night.
- Best comedy: The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel
- Best drama: Game of Thrones
- Best miniseries: The Assassination of Gianni Versace: American Crime Story
- Best actor in a miniseries: Darren Criss, The Assassination of Gianni Versace: American Crime Story
- Best actress in a miniseries: Regina King, Seven Seconds
- Best actor in a comedy: Bill Hader, Barry
- Best supporting actor in a comedy: Henry Winkler, Barry
- Best actress in a comedy: Rachel Brosnahan, The Marvelous Ms, Maisel
- Best supporting actress in a comedy: Alex Borstein, The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel
- Best actor in a drama: Matthew Rhys, The Americans
- Best supporting actor in a drama: Peter Dinklage, Game of Thrones
- Best actress in a drama: Claire Foy, The Crown
- Best supporting actress in a drama: Thandie Newton, WestWorld
- Best reality competition series: RuPaul’s Drag Race
- Best variety sketch series: Saturday Night Live
- Best variety talk series: Last Week Tonight with John Oliver
- Best television movie: Black Mirror: USS Callister
- Best structured reality program: Queer Eye
- Best unstructured reality program: United Shades of America With W. Kamau Bell
- Best host for a reality competition program: RuPaul Charles (RuPaul’s Drag Race)
I honestly thought I would have more to talk about here, but I haven’t actually seen any of these. I thought I was really into TV and movies, but clearly not.
I have seen YouTube clips from Last Week Tonight, but I have not seen a full episode of it. Queer Eye is also on my watch list on Netflix so I will be watching that soon.
Game of Thrones is one of those shows that so many people have told me that I need to watch, to the point where I’m deliberately not doing it. Very petty but I don’t care.
Based on this, I should probably add The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel to my watch list as well.