Almost 2 weeks in to it now! Day 13: What would you like to do on a date?
I find the traditional meal and a movie kind of date really boring. You’re both awkward while eating and then sitting in silence while at the cinema. I also hate going out clubbing and don’t think it’s a good way to get to know someone, how can you even hear what they are saying? I would much rather do these:
- Outdoor activities – I would love to go kayaking or hiking on a date. It’s something fun to do and will keep you active. Doing something outdoors is a good way to get to know someone.
- Game night – Whether it’s games on the Xbox or PlayStation, or whether you’re playing Twister or Monopoly, a game night would be a fun way to spend time together; throw in a takeaway and you’ve got a great night.
- Bowling – I love bowling. I’m not the best at it though, unless the barriers are up and there’s no way the ball can go in to the gutter. However, it’s something that I think would be an enjoyable thing to do on a date.
- Christmas Market – Obviously this one is a seasonal date idea, but imagine how cute it would be to go to a Christmas market on a date? You can find out what they like and what their family and friends like by what they buy.
- Beach – If it’s a nice day and you live near a beach, you can get an ice cream, go for a walk along the beach and swim in the sea. Great day.
- Pub quiz – If you still want to go out for a drink you can take part in a pub quiz. Every time I have done one, they have been a good laugh and everyone has fun.
- Picnic – You can turn your day in to a ‘field day’. Take a picnic, maybe a football or something else to do, and find a field that you can sit in. Can turn in to a really pleasant day.
- Amusement park – I love rollercoasters and anything fast, so going to an amusement park would be a perfect date for me. You can spend the whole day there and it’s not too expensive.
- Boat ride – Who doesn’t love a good boat ride? Wait for a nice day, rent a boat and go out on to a lake.
- Arcade – This may sound childish to some, but I still think arcades are really fun. You can spend so long in there and there is so much to do.
- Breakfast – Going somewhere for breakfast is a great way to start the day. You don’t need to end the date there either, once you’re done you can do anything else on the list!
- Bookstore – Now this one may seem boring to some of you, but I think going to a bookstore would be a really nice date. You can look in the travel section and talk about places you want to go, you can talk about favourite authors and genres, and why you like them.
- Bike rides – There are so many places near me that rent out bikes and you can go and explore. It would keep you both active and is a great time to get to know each other. Work up an appetite and then go somewhere for lunch.
- Camping – This isn’t everybody’s idea of a good time, and to be honest it’s not my favourite thing to do, but I think it would be really entertaining. Working out how to make the tent, starting a fire, cooking the food. Once it’s dark you will be able to watch the stars. Very romantic.
So they are my date ideas, if you have any more let me know!